COVID-19 UPDATED PROTOCOL
This is a very challenging time for small businesses. With uncertainty surrounding the length of the current shutdowns, or when they will get more stringent, many of us are having to make very difficult decisions. In order to keep at least a portion of our economy moving, I feel that those who can work safely should do so. The long-term effects of shattered lives and closed up businesses will be profound.
For many, including ourselves, the decision can really boil down to two options:
- operate where allowed with strict safety and sanitation protocols in place OR
- risk going out of business if this continues for several months
We are choosing door number one. The choice to work is optional for our staff. Many are choosing to stay home and many are choosing to get to work.
Luckily for us, working outdoors in groups of 2-3 has to be one of the safest work environments. We don’t need to work in close proximity, have small crews, and work outside enjoying the fresh air.
We will be cleaning and opening swimming ponds, getting the water moving and filtering as the days start to warm up under the following:
20. Maintenance, repair and property management services strictly necessary to manage and maintain the safety, security, sanitation and essential operation of institutional, commercial, industrial and residential properties and buildings.
And running small construction crews on several jobs that have already been started last. These jobs have front and backyards ripped up, decks partially built, swim ponds dug but not completed, and so on.
- Residential construction projects where,i) a footing permit has been granted for single family, semi-detached and townhomesii) an above grade structural permit has been granted for condominiums, mixed use and other buildings, oriii) the project involves renovations to residential properties and construction work was started before April 4, 2020.
Health, safety, and family come first.
We are urging our staff and everyone else to please follow the precautionary measures from Health Canada and the government, including physical distancing, self-isolation, and increased hygiene.
Our office staff are all working remotely
In order for our landscape sales and design teams to connect with you safely, we will be reaching out to newly-scheduled appointments with the following two options:
- Connect virtually (Google Hangout invitation)
- Meet in-person but remain outside
- Site visit without a meeting, followed by a phone call
All the best. Be safe. Stay healthy.