Why Work at Quiet Nature?
Got skills? Get along well with others?
(This might be the place for you!)
A group of unique people building unique spaces
Located in Ayr, Ontario, Quiet Nature is a multiple award-winning landscape design and construction firm focused on the creation of sustainable landscape solutions, ecological restoration projects, water features, natural swim ponds, natural stonework, and walkways & patios.
We're a rapidly growing business looking to add more all-stars to the team. We like to have a good time both in and outside of the job, but also know how to bust our asses when there’s work to be done. We want good people and promise that you won’t be paired up with any slackers!
What kind of person works at Quiet Nature?
An environmentally conscious outdoors enthusiast with a positive, down to earth attitude who is hardworking and driven yet has an easy going personality and knows that success is in the details while they adapt on the fly in a creative and professional manner and supports the growth of his/her fellow workers in a trustworthy way. That’s who.
CURRENT JOB POSTINGS
Creating beautiful, one-of-a-kind outdoor spaces isn't easy...but it's rewarding.
If you love working with your hands, getting a bit dirty, and want to take pride in creating special places for outstanding clients, then you've come to the right place.
Reports to: Sales Manager
Position Type: Part-Time (approximately 24 hours per week), eventually leading to Full-Time Employment
The Project Administration Support is responsible for supporting Quiet Nature’s Project Managers, Designers and Estimators in both the Design Build and Naturalization Divisions by:
- Accurately preparing and printing Project Planners for upcoming projects based on scheduling requirements;
- Organizing and preparing information for the undertaking of job costing;
- Calling and inquiring of supplier availability and pricing;
- Accurately preparing and printing plant/pond care packages for clients to be provided upon completion of install;
- Preparing materials and assisting with execution of job roll out and job closing tasks;
- Ordering toilets, locates and completing work orders based on scheduling requirements;
- Digitizing field notes, maps and drawings;
- Providing support with managing incoming leads for future projects; and
- Staying up to date with and adhering to office procedures and polices
It is essential that the Project Administration Support shares the core values of Quiet Nature (Respectful, Efficient, Creative, Adaptive, Professional, Positive). In addition, the Project Administration Support must also possess the following:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite and Google Suite.
- Work experience with Project Administration an asset with a willingness to continue education where required to fulfill requirements of the position. The drive to continually seek improvement, knowledge and certifications is an asset.
- Attention to detail and a willingness to learn new and challenging things.
- Outstanding organizational and multi-tasking skills; written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, understand and synthesize information.
- Self-motivated individual who sets own personal and professional goals.
- Detail-oriented to capture, organize and follow-through on information in a fast-paced environment.
- Team-oriented to be a unifying force within Quiet Nature.
Work Hours and Remuneration:
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, following office hours including two (2) 15-minute breaks and a 30-minute unpaid lunch each day.
Vacation is provided as follows per annum:
- Five (5) days in August (Companywide Summer Shutdown)
- Five (5) days between Christmas and New Year’s (Companywide Winter Shutdown)
Naturalization Division - Equipment Operator/Crew Leader
Quiet Nature’s Naturalization division works alongside other trades and contractors to enhance, restore and create natural spaces. Our projects include; naturalizing stormwater ponds, planting trees in residential and commercial areas, creating meadow and prairie habitat, stream channel restoration, and woodlot enhancement on rural properties.
Projects can last from a few days to several weeks, and typically involve planting several thousand native trees and shrubs.
The Naturalization Division Equipment Operator/Crew Leader is a nature-lovin’ people person, who is self-motivated and focused, with top-notch communication and organizational skills. They thrive under pressure and are excited by a challenge, and the opportunity to learn new skills. Under the guidance of the Naturalization Production Manager, this person will assist with running an efficient, productive, and safe job site.
The main responsibilities of this role are to understand the overall scope and process of each project, operate a skid steer and mini excavator for the purpose of planting, mulching, site grading, and habitat construction, lead crews of 2-4 people, maintain quality control, and tree and shrub planting.
Understanding of job site logistics, grading plans, and blueprint reading are essential.
We like to use technology and equipment to manage and build our projects, so being comfortable with smartphones, tablets, excavation equipment, and other specialty tools that make life easier is very important.
We offer time-and-a-half pay for Saturday work, stat holiday pay, and a health care plan.
For more information on our Naturalization division visit our new divisional website:
Landscape Designer/Estimator ($24-32/hour)
A Quiet Nature Landscape Designer is responsible for preparing accurate, highly creative landscape design solutions, estimating, and project management with minimal assistance from the office. You'll assist with project start-up tasks, initial permit research conducted regarding zoning/special restrictions,
submitting for permits, and contacting subcontractors for pricing.
It is essential that you share the core values of Quiet Nature (Respectful, Efficient, Creative, Adaptive, Professional, Positive).
In addition, you must also possess the following:
Bachelor’s Degree of Landscape Architecture (BLA) from an accredited University or a 3-year Landscape Design Diploma from an accredited College or possess a Certified Landscape Designer (CLD) designation with 3-plus years of work experience in a Landscape Design capacity with a willingness to continue education where required to fulfill requirements of the position.
The drive to continually seek improvement, knowledge, and certifications.
Previous landscape construction experience is an asset.
Proficiency with landscape design software, preferably Dynascape.
Ability to work remotely as well as in-office.
Landscape Construction - Lead Hands & Crew Members ($18-25/hour)
A Quiet Nature Crew Member is responsible for performing a variety of work tasks in order to assist with the completion of landscape construction projects and will operate different tools and specialty pieces of equipment to get things done. You'll have a budding passion for building beautiful, unique spaces and a willingness to learn, grow, push yourself, and generally change the world (or at least the private world of our clients).
You may be coming to us with zero experience in the industry but an interest in learning something new, working hard, and getting in shape while you do it. Or, you may have a few years experience in the landscape world with a general sense of what you like and don't like building, and a desire to start honing your specialty and perfecting your craft.
We offer time-and-a-half pay for Saturday work, stat holiday pay, and a health care plan.
Contract Planting Technician ($16-20/hour)
Quiet Nature’s Naturalization division works alongside other trades and general contractors to enhance, restore, and create natural spaces. Our projects include; naturalizing stormwater ponds, planting trees in residential and commercial areas, creating meadow and prairie habitat, woodlot enhancement on rural properties, and building natural playgrounds. A Contract Planting Technician may also be asked to assist with the maintenance and operation of our native plant nursery, and assist our Landscape Construction and Garden Maintenance crews. You're a nature-loving’ people person who enjoys working on a fabulous team. You have a relentless drive and a keen ability to focus and stay motivated. You thrive under pressure, are excited by a challenge and the opportunity to learn new skills. Your main responsibility is planting trees and shrubs.
Duration: A Contract Planting Technician would be brought in on an as-needed basis for the duration of scheduled Naturalization projects. An excellent opportunity for someone with part-time, short-term, or seasonal availability.
- Ability to report directly to job sites in various locations, and/or carpool from our shop located in Ayr, On
- Steel Toe work boots/shoes
- Physically active
- Positive attitude and a good sense of humour
- High Fives!
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Hand planting native trees and shrubs (planting techniques will be taught)
- Problem-solving abilities
- Responsible and dependable
- Able to focus and stay motivated during strenuous work and/or repetitive tasks
Additional skills that would be an asset, and could lead to full-time employment
- Experience tree planting
- Driving large trucks and trailers
- Power tool, chainsaw experience
- Skid Steer and Mini Ex Operation
- Lead hand/supervisor experience
- Landscape construction experience
- An expert storyteller who never messes up a punchline
If you have the right attitude we'll train the skills and give you opportunities to work on the things you love. Apply now below!
Like what you've seen? We want to hear from you!
- Join a tribe of fellow all-stars
- Work on unique, challenging projects
- Stay in shape while working in the great outdoors
Please complete the following form so we can get a sense of your current knowledge and skill set and understand a bit more about who you are. It will take you approximately 10-20 minutes to complete.
When you've completed the application, click the "Submit" button at the bottom. We will contact you if further information is needed or to schedule a time to meet in person.
Once you click "Submit" you will not be able to edit your application.
Stunning Landscapes & Satisfied Clients
Giving Back to Mother Nature
"I selected Quiet Nature because I liked the artistic style of their landscapes and the concept of a low maintenance, drought-resistant garden. We've been able to give back to mother nature and have a fabulously beautiful backyard!"
The End Result is Beautiful
"We were very pleased with the Butterfly Garden rejuvenation project that Quiet Nature planned and installed for us. The end result is beautiful, within our budget and was created using no power tools."
- Victoria Lant
Northlake Woods School Council; Waterloo, Ontario
View Examples of Our Award-Winning Work
From backyard patios to swimming pools, natural gardens, wildflower meadows and so much more, our commitment to delivering exceptional results makes every project truly special. Our award-winning designs reach far beyond the traditional confines of landscaping, thanks to our dedication to producing work that doesn't compromise on our ideals.
We believe the beauty of our natural world should be available to everyone, and our innovative designs highlight the versatility of sustainable landscaping. It's a unique strategy that has successfully contributed to the creation of some of our area's most impressive residential backyards, low maintenance gardens, and stunning water features.
Take a few moments to explore our previous work and get inspired for your next landscape design project.