Why Work at Quiet Nature?
Got skills? Get along well with others?
(This might be the place for you!)
A group of unique people building unique spaces
Located in Ayr, Ontario, Quiet Nature is a multiple award-winning landscape design and construction firm focused on the creation of sustainable landscape solutions, ecological restoration projects, water features, natural swim ponds, natural stonework, and walkways & patios.
We're a rapidly growing business looking to add more all-stars to the team. We like to have a good time both in and outside of the job, but also know how to bust our asses when there’s work to be done. We want good people and promise that you won’t be paired up with any slackers!
What kind of person works at Quiet Nature?
An environmentally conscious outdoors enthusiast with a positive, down to earth attitude who is hardworking and driven yet has an easy going personality and knows that success is in the details while they adapt on the fly in a creative and professional manner and supports the growth of his/her fellow workers in a trustworthy way. That’s who.
CURRENT JOB POSTINGS
Creating beautiful, one-of-a-kind outdoor spaces isn't easy...but it's rewarding.
If you love working with your hands, getting a bit dirty, and want to take pride in creating special places for outstanding clients, then you've come to the right place.
Softscape Technician – Lead Hand & Crew Members ($18-$25/hour)
The Softscape Technician is responsible for performing a variety of work tasks to ensure the completion of all Design Build Softscape installation & maintenance projects and will also be required to operate a variety of tools and equipment to carry out specified job tasks. It is essential that you share the core values of Quiet Nature (Respect, Efficiency, Creativity, Adaptability, Professionalism and Positivity).
- Customer and quality focus
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Responsibility and dependability
- Provides guidance and leadership within the crew
- Ability to lead and work with others with minimal supervision and complete small projects independently
- Aid in the loading/unloading of trucks and trailers
- Move and install soil, mulch, aggregate, and plant material to assist with the construction of landscape gardens and related areas
- Operate power equipment including, but not limited to, tractors, rototiller, sod cutters, line trimmers, blowers, hedge trimmers, and pruning saws.
- Conduct daily inspections and maintenance on vehicles, tools, and equipment
Minimum Requirement & Work Conditions:
- At least 3 years’ experience in softscape installation with a broad knowledge and understanding of plants and plant identification
- Maintains a valid G license in good standing
- Proficient in safe operation of truck and trailer combination
- Ability to work with hand tools, power tools, small engine equipment, and materials
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. repeatedly through an entire work shift
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Work near heavy equipment and other vehicles on a regular basis
- Work outdoors in various conditions including heat and humidity, rain, dust, noise, and cold
- Flexible working hours including occasional weekend work
Landscape Construction – Experienced Crew Leader ($28-35.00/hour)
Quiet Nature is looking for an experienced Hardscape Crew Leader to join our team.
If you love working outside, getting your hands a bit dirty, enjoy creating beautiful spaces for exceptional clients, and would like to be a part of a tightknit work family - apply now!
The Hardscape Crew Leader is responsible for managing the execution of construction projects ranging from one (1) week to multiple weeks, including planning labour & equipment requirements, material deliveries and timing to ensure completion within project deadlines
It is essential that you share the core values of Quiet Nature (Respect, Efficiency, Creativity, Adaptability, Professionalism and Positivity).
In addition, you must also possess the following:
- Possess at least five to ten (5-10) years of experience in the landscape/construction industry in a Crew Leader or Lead Hand role
- Ability to manage jobs with complex grading and elevation changes, multiple material types and sub-trades
- Capable of operating required equipment and tools in a safe and responsible manner, and possess minimum licensing requirements where necessary
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Must possess a valid driver’s license (preference given to those possessing and AR license)
- Proficient in the safe operation of truck and trailer combination
- Knowledge of specific materials, methods, tools and equipment required to complete various landscape/construction practices
- The drive to continually seek improvement, knowledge, and certifications
In addition to being a great place to work, Quiet Nature also offers:
- A health care plan
- Paid Stat Holidays
- Profit sharing program
- Numerous staff events throughout the year
Landscape Construction - Lead Hands & Crew Members ($24-32.50/hour)
A Quiet Nature Crew Member is responsible for performing a variety of work tasks in order to assist with the completion of landscape construction projects and will operate different tools and specialty pieces of equipment to get things done. You'll have a budding passion for building beautiful, unique spaces and a willingness to learn, grow, push yourself, and generally change the world (or at least the private world of our clients).
You may be coming to us with minimal experience in the industry but an interest in learning something new, working hard, and getting in shape while you do it. Or, you may have a few years of experience in the landscape world with a general sense of what you like and don't like building, and a desire to start honing your specialty and perfecting your craft.
In addition to working with awesome people, we offer:
- time-and-a-half pay for Saturday work
- stat holiday pay
- health care plan
- profit-sharing program
Like what you've seen? We want to hear from you!
- Join a tribe of fellow all-stars
- Work on unique, challenging projects
- Stay in shape while working in the great outdoors
Please complete the following form so we can get a sense of your current knowledge and skill set and understand a bit more about who you are. It will take you approximately 10-20 minutes to complete.
When you've completed the application, click the "Submit" button at the bottom. We will contact you if further information is needed or to schedule a time to meet in person.
Once you click "Submit" you will not be able to edit your application.
Stunning Landscapes & Satisfied Clients
Giving Back to Mother Nature
"I selected Quiet Nature because I liked the artistic style of their landscapes and the concept of a low maintenance, drought-resistant garden. We've been able to give back to mother nature and have a fabulously beautiful backyard!"
The End Result is Beautiful
"We were very pleased with the Butterfly Garden rejuvenation project that Quiet Nature planned and installed for us. The end result is beautiful, within our budget and was created using no power tools."
- Victoria Lant
Northlake Woods School Council; Waterloo, Ontario
View Examples of Our Award-Winning Work
From backyard patios to swimming pools, natural gardens, wildflower meadows and so much more, our commitment to delivering exceptional results makes every project truly special. Our award-winning designs reach far beyond the traditional confines of landscaping, thanks to our dedication to producing work that doesn't compromise on our ideals.
We believe the beauty of our natural world should be available to everyone, and our innovative designs highlight the versatility of sustainable landscaping. It's a unique strategy that has successfully contributed to the creation of some of our area's most impressive residential backyards, low maintenance gardens, and stunning water features.
Take a few moments to explore our previous work and get inspired for your next landscape design project.