Why Work at Quiet Nature?
Got skills? Get along well with others?
(This might be the place for you!)
A group of unique people building unique spaces
Located in Ayr, Ontario, Quiet Nature is a multiple award-winning landscape design and construction firm focused on the creation of sustainable landscape solutions, ecological restoration projects, water features, natural swim ponds, natural stonework, and walkways & patios.
We're a rapidly growing business looking to add more all-stars to the team. We like to have a good time both in and outside of the job, but also know how to bust our asses when there’s work to be done. We want good people and promise that you won’t be paired up with any slackers!
What kind of person works at Quiet Nature?
An environmentally conscious outdoors enthusiast with a positive, down to earth attitude who is hardworking and driven yet has an easy going personality and knows that success is in the details while they adapt on the fly in a creative and professional manner and supports the growth of his/her fellow workers in a trustworthy way. That’s who.
CURRENT JOB POSTINGS
Creating beautiful, one-of-a-kind outdoor spaces isn't easy...but it's rewarding.
If you love working with your hands, getting a bit dirty, and want to take pride in creating special places for outstanding clients, then you've come to the right place.
If you have a combination of professional experience and education in the horticultural field, love working outside, have a passion for plants, enjoy creating beautiful spaces for exceptional clients, and would like to be a part of a tightknit work family, this is the position for you!
With a strong focus on plant identification and best practice plant health care, a Quiet Nature Horticulturalist is responsible for performing a variety of work tasks to ensure the completion of all Design Build Softscape installation & maintenance projects.
It is essential that you share the core values of Quiet Nature - RECAPP (Respect, Efficiency, Creativity, Adaptability, Professionalism and Positivity).
Our ideal candidate will possess the following:
- 3-5 years of experience in high-end softscape installation with a broad knowledge and understanding of plants and plant identification
- Education in Horticulture or a related field is preferred however the ability to demonstrate the desired skillset through past work experience will be considered
- Demonstrated ability to identify common Ontario weeds/invasive species
- Extensive identification skills of common trees, shrubs and perennials
- Proficient in safe operation of truck and trailer combination
- Capable of operating required equipment and tools in a safe and responsible manner, and possess minimum licensing requirements where necessary
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of specific materials, methods, tools and equipment required to complete various landscape/construction practices
- The drive to continually seek improvement, knowledge, and certifications
You’ll have the benefit of working with a great group of people every day but we also offer:
- overtime pay
- stat holiday pay
- health care plan
- company events
- profit-sharing program
- potential for year-round employment
Like what you've seen? We want to hear from you!
- Join a tribe of fellow all-stars
- Work on unique, challenging projects
- Stay in shape while working in the great outdoors
Please complete the following form so we can get a sense of your current knowledge and skill set and understand a bit more about who you are. It will take you approximately 10-20 minutes to complete.
When you've completed the application, click the "Submit" button at the bottom. We will contact you if further information is needed or to schedule a time to meet in person.
Once you click "Submit" you will not be able to edit your application.
Stunning Landscapes & Satisfied Clients
Giving Back to Mother Nature
"I selected Quiet Nature because I liked the artistic style of their landscapes and the concept of a low maintenance, drought-resistant garden. We've been able to give back to mother nature and have a fabulously beautiful backyard!"
The End Result is Beautiful
"We were very pleased with the Butterfly Garden rejuvenation project that Quiet Nature planned and installed for us. The end result is beautiful, within our budget and was created using no power tools."
- Victoria Lant
Northlake Woods School Council; Waterloo, Ontario
View Examples of Our Award-Winning Work
From backyard patios to swimming pools, natural gardens, wildflower meadows and so much more, our commitment to delivering exceptional results makes every project truly special. Our award-winning designs reach far beyond the traditional confines of landscaping, thanks to our dedication to producing work that doesn't compromise on our ideals.
We believe the beauty of our natural world should be available to everyone, and our innovative designs highlight the versatility of sustainable landscaping. It's a unique strategy that has successfully contributed to the creation of some of our area's most impressive residential backyards, low maintenance gardens, and stunning water features.
Take a few moments to explore our previous work and get inspired for your next landscape design project.