Why Work at Quiet Nature Ltd?
WE'RE ALWAYS IN SEARCH OF LOCAL TALENT!!
Who are we?
Located in Ayr, Ontario, we are a multiple award winning landscape design and construction firm focused on the creation of sustainable landscape solutions, ecological restoration projects, water features, natural swim ponds, natural stonework, and walkways & patios. We're a rapidly growing business looking to add more all-stars to the team. We like to have a good time both in and outside of the job, but also know how to bust our asses when there’s work to be done. We want good people and promise that you won’t be paired up with any slackers!
What kind of person works at Quiet Nature?
An environmentally conscious outdoors enthusiast with a positive, down to earth attitude who is hard working and driven yet has an easy going personality and knows that success is in the details while they adapt on the fly in a creative and professional manner and supports the growth of his/her fellow workers in a trustworthy way. That’s who.
In search of talent once again......
Naturalization Division Lead Hand (1 position available)
Start Date: April 3rd, 2017
The Naturalization Division Lead Hand is a nature-lovin’ people person, who is self motivated and focused, with top-notch communication and organizational skills. They thrive under pressure, are excited by a challenge, and look for opportunities to learn new skills. Under the guidance of the Naturalization Division Manager, the Lead Hand will assist with running an efficient, productive, and safe jobsite. Their main responsibility is understanding the overall scope and process of each project, leading/instructing the crew, quality control, and planting.
For a detailed job description refer to Work Cabin
Gardening Maintenance Technician (1 position available)
The Garden Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing a variety of work tasks in order to complete grounds maintenance service contracts. The grounds maintenance laborer will be required to operate a variety of tools and equipment to carry out specified job tasks.
- Customer and quality focus
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Team work
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- Responsibility and dependability
- Ethics and integrity
- Aid in the loading/unloading of trucks and trailers in the AM and PM
- Move and install soil, mulch and plant material to assist with the construction of landscape gardens and related areas
- Operate power equipment including, but not limited to, lawn tractors, lawn mowers, line trimmers, blowers, hedge trimmers, pruning saws, sod cutters, chain saws, and snow blowers
- Conduct daily inspections and maintenance on vehicles, tools, and equipment
- Assist foreman in other work-related duties including construction projects, shop and yard maintenance, vehicle and equipment maintenance
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment at all times
- Comply with all company policies and regulations
- Work in accordance with all local health and safety laws and regulations
- Communicate with customers in a polite and courteous manner
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Minimum one year experience in the landscape/construction industry
- Capable of operating required equipment and tools in a safe and responsible manner
- Effective communication skills – must be able to carry out verbal instructions, read labels and signs, complete simple reports, report progress to foreman
- Time management skills
- Knowledge of specific materials, methods, tools and equipment required to complete various landscape/construction practices
- Ability to work both independently with little supervision, and as part of a team
- Ability to walk, stand, crouch for long periods of time and carry out strenuous physical tasks
- Preference will be given to candidates with a valid driver’s license and safe driving record
- Ability to work with hand tools, power tools, small engine equipment, and materials
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. repeatedly through an entire work shift
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Requires good manual dexterity
- Excellent stamina is required
- Work near heavy equipment and other vehicles on a regular basis
- Work outdoors in various conditions including heat and humidity, rain, dust, noise, and cold
- Flexible working hours including occasional weekend work
Stunning Landscapes & Satisfied Clients
Giving Back to Mother Nature
"I selected Quiet Nature because I liked the artistic style of their landscapes and the concept of a low maintenance, drought-resistant garden. We've been able to give back to mother nature and have a fabulously beautiful backyard!"
The End Result is Beautiful
"We were very pleased with the Butterfly Garden rejuvenation project that Quiet Nature planned and installed for us. The end result is beautiful, within our budget and was created using no power tools."
- Victoria Lant
Northlake Woods School Council; Waterloo, Ontario
A Trusted Local Partner
View Examples of Our Award-Winning Work
From backyard patios to swimming pools, natural gardens, wildflower meadows and so much more, our commitment to delivering exceptional results makes every project truly special. Our award-winning designs reach far beyond the traditional confines of landscaping, thanks to our dedication to producing work that doesn't compromise on our ideals.
We believe the beauty of our natural world should be available to everyone, and our innovative designs highlight the versatility of sustainable landscaping. It's a unique strategy that has successfully contributed to the creation of some of our area's most impressive residential backyards, low maintenance gardens, and stunning water features.
Take a few moments to explore our previous work and get inspired for your next landscape design project.
Ready to Take Action?
Book your consultation today and let us make your landscape vision a reality.